How common is the inherited persistence of fetal hemoglobin?

Difficult to measure. This is difficult to measure because in most people with inherited persistence of fetal hemoglobin are entirely asymptomatic. However, population studies have shown that about 10% of the population has been seen to have some persistence of fetal hemoglobin but in varying levels (from 0.8% of cells containing the fetal hemoglobin up to about 10% fetal hemoglobin levels).
Not common. I do not know the exact percentages and I am not a pediatric hematologist, but it is not common.