Morton's neuroma, what to do for it. Surgery?

Dr. Joe Griffin
Podiatry

In brief: Read below

Morton's neuroma can be treated conservatively with injections (steroid or dehydrated alcohol), padding, wider shoes, avoid high heels, and possibly orthotics.
Conservative care is very effective in most cases and should be exhausted before opting for surgery. Surgery involves removing the neuroma which will result in numbness where you once had pain.

In brief: Read below

Dr. Joe Griffin
Dr. Joe Griffin
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Injections

Prior to having surgery you may want to try injection therapy.
I have found excellent success with a series of Dehydrated Alcohol injections. Some docs like steroid, but ceratinly it is worth a shot (no pun intended) prior to surgery.

In brief: Injections

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass

In brief: Neuroma

Surgery is the last resort when all else fails.
However , the combination of injection therapy - whether that be alcohol or steroid and orthotics has taken my neuroma surgery load to zero for the last 5 or 6 years

In brief: Neuroma

Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood