How should I get rid of foot or ankle swelling from psoriasis?

In brief: Elevation of feet/le
Elevation of feet and lower legs on pillows, especially at night while asleep, then applying support hose before getting out of bed in am, to prevent swelling during the day.

In brief: Elevation of feet/le
Dr. Barry Johnson
Dr. Barry Johnson
Dr. John Ebner
Dermatology
In brief: Psoriatic Arthritis?
If you are having swelling of one or both ankles and you have psoriasis, then you may be experiencing psoriatic arthritis.
If this is the case, i would see your doctor or a dermatologist or rheumatologist for ways to effectively treat this disease. There are many very effective options for this problem.

In brief: Psoriatic Arthritis?
Dr. John Ebner
Dr. John Ebner
Dr. E. James Bodmer
I agree. Psoriatic arthritis is probably the cause. Keep your feet elevated, decrease excessive activity, and rest the ankles. Support hose, ace wraps, may help reduce the swelling. Orthotics may help to decrease excessive subtalar joint motion. I would also suggest a good supportive men's running shoe, ie, New Balance 700 + series or a Brooks Beast for men, Brooks Ariel for women. With moderate or severe psoriatic arthritis, excessive pronation needs to be controlled and the foot needs to be supported. Antiinflammatories such as Advil (Ibuprofen) may also afford some relief of discomfort.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil