How can I tell if I have dependant personality disorder?

Dr. Robert Woods

In brief: Psych Evaluation

The diagnostic and statistic manual of mental disorders defines dependent personality disorder as a pervasive and excessive need to be taken care of that leads to submission and clinging behavior and fears of separation.
A diagnosis is made after a complete evaluation by a qualified mental health professional. You can find internet questionnaires that may be suggestive of the diagnosis.

In brief: Psych Evaluation

Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Dependent Personalit

You would have excess need to be cared for, become subordinate in relationships, indecisive, can't start or finish projects on your own, and you would hesitate to disagree with others.
You would likely have anxiety as well.

In brief: Dependent Personalit

You would likely have anxiety as well.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali