How can I get my child to be more calm. He is five and is full of energy?

In brief: Control activities

Keep him busy with some activity that makes him tired and follow with time of calmness.
Learn how to harness his energy.

In brief: Control activities

Learn how to harness his energy.
Dr. Alessandra Bertolucci
Dr. Alessandra Bertolucci
Dr. Andrew Ho

In brief: Energy is good

Better to find sufficient learning opportunities to take advantage of his energy than to take away his gift.
Have him help you with housework and chores. If you don't have enough energy to devote to his upbringing and education, better to find help. Enroll him in sports, arts, music, and other activities. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

In brief: Energy is good

Dr. Andrew Ho
Dr. Andrew Ho
Dr. Jonathan Jassey