Do I need to go to the hospital for a second degree burn?

Depends on… Location of burn & how large an area is involved. Burns of face, hands, joints, genital areas can be more serious than those of other areas. Large burns, especially if blisters break, may be difficult to manage by yourself & more prone to infection; so seek medical attention depending on above info. Fp may be 1st step unless burn is large or one of those special areas.