Can using a pacifier with braces keep the braces from straightening my teeth?

In brief: See below
You are an adult.
Why would you use a pacifier.

In brief: See below
You are an adult.
Why would you use a pacifier.
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: YES!
Any pernicious habit (chewing on pencils, fingernails, your hair, etc) can damage braces and/or interfere with tooth/jaw movement.
I don't understand why a 32 year old would evidence the behavior of a toddler. This is distressing. Perhaps you should look into why you are still behaving this way, and get help addressing the problem. Don't ignore this.

In brief: YES!
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: YES
I can't imagine a situation where a patient would be wearing braces and still using a pacifier.
If this is the case, the pacifier use needs serious attention right away.

In brief: YES
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dentistry
In brief: Why?
If you're wearing braces to straighten your teeth, why would you want to stop the straightening process? Counterproductive, isn't it?

In brief: Why?
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dr. Jonathan Jassey