What should I do about my brothers paranoid schizophrenia?

Encourage treatment. Without treatment, long term suffering is typical. Since it is not possible for the patient to tell the difference between real and hallucinations, value of treatment may not be apparent to the patient, especially at first. Without support of family and friends, treatment tends to be spotty, resulting in extra suffering. Medications are not perfect, but they do help some. Talk to his psychiatrist.
Help keep appts. The best thing you can do is help him make and keep his appointments with a board certified psychiatrist. Staying on the medication is the biggest problem for many with schizophrenia. It can be very challenging to do this and you should be congratulated for trying to help your brother. For you, find a nami support group to attend in your area.