Is it normal, after a root canal to experience sensitivity to hot, cold, and pressure?

Dr. Sal Aragona
Dentistry
In brief: No
These symptoms are not normal after root canal treatment, the cause of which may be for a wide variety of factors.
I encourage you to have your treating dentist address these symptoms you are experiencing.

In brief: No
Dr. Sal Aragona
Dr. Sal Aragona
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dentistry
In brief: Possibly
After endo therapy sensations to hot/cold are eliminated.
..There may be an accessory (extra) nerve remaining (can be very small/difficult to see)...Talk to your doc or some of the sealing material may have extruded from the end of the canal impinging on the bone...This usually resolves itself over time. Check with your doc either way.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dr. Anna Guarna
In brief: Not really
Make sure, if you can, that the sensitivity is coming from the root canaled tooth.
It could be the tooth next to it and you just never noticed before. I wqould not hesitate and tell the dentist/root canal specialist about your symptoms though.

In brief: Not really
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
In brief: No
By definition, a root canal treatment takes away the dead or infected "nerve" of a tooth.
Thus, this tooth does not have sensory fibers to feel hot or cold. The pressure part is felt mostly by periodontal ligament that cushions teeth to bone, and not the tooth, so this sensation is still there after root canal treatment. Seek a dental exam...It may be a different tooth.

In brief: No
Dr. Woojin Woody Kwon
Dr. Woojin Woody Kwon
Dr. Cindy Juster