I'm looking to doing leech therapy for a wound--anyone doing this?

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care
In brief: EEEWWWWWWwwww Leech
The need to use leeches and maggots always intrigues me, but that issue may be better addressed by the psychiatrists in our healthtap team! leeches are an effective tool when there is an injury or procedure that results in venous congestion.
The leeches (sterile from a medical grade source) can be applied to decongest an edematous area due to venous congestion, thus allowing for a better healing.

In brief: EEEWWWWWWwwww Leech
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Ronald Sherman
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Yes - sort of
Leech therapy is used to treat wound-related problems (vascular congestion after flap or replantation surgery, arterial insufficiency), but not the wound itself.

In brief: Yes - sort of
Dr. Ronald Sherman
Dr. Ronald Sherman