How long do patients live with multiple myeloma?

Depends. Myeloma has a variable natural history. Many patients have had myeloma for years prior to diagnosis without realizing it, while others are diagnosed by screening for monoclonal protein in the blood. Modern hematologists can use advanced treatments like velcade, revlimid, (lenalidomide) thalomid, and stem cell transplant, allowing myeloma patients to live longer than ever. More info: http://bit.Ly/lrzotm.
It is age dependent. On average 68% of myeloma patients are alive at 5 years. About 55% of younger patients are alive at 10 years. The survival time and percent is changing because of stem cell transplant, revlamid, velcade (bortezomib) and other new drugs. Most survival data looks at patients treated a few years ago, so the impact of new treatment has to catch up. Stage and aggressiveness of the disease also influence survival.