Do elevated gliadin antibodies IgG and IgA mean gluten sensitivity?

Dr. Jason Hemming
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: TTG

I woul recommend having a ttg IgA antibody and possible duodenal bx , in doing so a diagnosis of celiac disease can be made.
If if asymptomatic, there may be benefit from a gluten free diet especially if small bowel inflammation noted.

In brief: TTG

Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Bhavin Patel
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Not usually

The test result confirm that the symptoms that you may have may be due to a gluten sensitivity.
Thus, if you have no symptoms, then you may not have gluten sensitivity, even though the test is positive.

In brief: Not usually

Dr. Bhavin Patel
Dr. Bhavin Patel
Dr. Steven Seres