What laboratory test would you collect to identity trichomonas vaginalis?

Wet prep. A smear done in the doctor's office where they take a smear from the vagina and look at it under a microscope. The physician can see the trichomonas moving on the slide. Sometimes the trich are nonmotile (not moving) and it can make diagnosis a little more difficult.
Lab tests. Laboratory diagnostic tools for trichomoniasis include looking at wet mounts under microscope to find motile trichomonads, cultures, dna probe, pcr with specimens from urine, urethra, vaginal swab or cervical swab.