Does vitamin E causes blood thinning?

Possibly. Increased bruising and bleeding into the digestive tract are uncommon side effects of vitamin e. An ancillary question might be: why should I take vitamin e? If you don't have a very good answer, then why take it?
Yes. Yes, it does thin the blood in larger doses, as it blocks the activity of vitamin k. Vitamin k is a key component in the formation of clotting factors. If vitamin k is blocked, the blood will not clot well, thus leading to "thin" blood. Most surgeons recommend stopping vitamin E at least a week prior to any kind of surgery.