What can be done for a 14 year old with scoliosis?

Dr. Will Moorehead
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Scoliosis
You are in your growth period.
Careful periodic examinations to see if your curve(s) is progressing should have already begun. Physical therapy with experience in scoliosis exercises should performed. You may be a candidate for bracing. If necessary surgery to stabilize and reduce the curve deformity or balance the curves may be an option.

In brief: Scoliosis
You are in your growth period.
Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Depends
Scoliosis is treated based primarily on the size of the curve and the skeletal maturity of the patient.
I would encourage you to see an orthopedic surgeon to give you more info about your specific case. Thank you for the question.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Shontae Buffington