Are bioidentical hormones better than regular hormones?

Dr. Shira Miller

In brief: Yes.

Bioidentical hormones are hormones produced in a laboratory to be identical in chemical structure to what the body would produce.
Many doctors, including myself, consider them safer and more effective than non-bioidentical hormones.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Shira Miller
Dr. Shira Miller
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Anti-Aging Medicine

Yes, bioidenticals are safer and more effective.

Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Dr. Michael Sinclair

In brief: What is a regular H?

I can't prove it with studies, but i think bioidentical hormones make sense.
Premarin (conjugated estrogens) is made from pregnant horse urine. Provera, aka Medroxyprogesterone acetate is not Progesterone even though the word Progesterone is in the name of the drug. Putting back a little bit of what you used to have seems to make sense. There is no money being spent by big pharma on this...Can't patent it so no profit.

In brief: What is a regular H?

Dr. Michael Sinclair
Dr. Michael Sinclair
Dr. Guy DaSilva
Preventive Medicine

A hormone is a chemical produced in the human body by a gland that has an action in another place in the body.
Some work on bone, some on the brain, some on sugar and others in sleep, anxiety, libido and more. Each hormone has a specific chemical structure able to fit in a specific receptor like a lock and key. Bio identical hormones are an exact copy of the original human hormone.

Dr. Guy DaSilva
Dr. Guy DaSilva
Dr. Steven Seres