I've a high metabolic rate tat allows me to eat more than most, not exercise n yet do not put on weight. However, now tat i'm 39, I find tat d weight loss doesn't come as easily. I don't snack anymore n just stick to 3 meals. I take a lot of carbs though

Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: Age related.

Wt gain is a common problem as one gets older. Established patterns of eating remain while decreased activity sets in with perceived increased responsibilities of age.
Change lifestyle now before you become a statistic. No one ever woke up and found themselves 50 lbs overweight. Overweight happens subtly and progressively.

In brief: Age related.

Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

In brief: Weight

As we age our muscle mass decreases, and adipose tissue (fat mass) increases (specially in the belly), and weight will increase.
You have to adjust by eating smart alway making adjustments. We are preserving what we have by having healthy lifestyle, but the weight will alway go up, and we'll get old. Positive mental attitude is the key to everything, you have total control of that.

In brief: Weight

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine