Should I be concerned if my pediatrician office forgot to inform me two months ago that my 5mo had rsv? Residual effects? What to look out for now?

Dr. Mehul SHETH
In brief: RSV in May?
Although RSV season has been getting longer, i'm surprised to hear that he was infected in may.
The most serious symptoms of RSV are the ones during the infection. If you child was 3 months old at the time and did not have any complications from the initial infection there is little to worry about. There is some evidence that RSV causes increased incidence of asthma, but that is still unclear.

In brief: RSV in May?
Dr. Mehul SHETH
Dr. Mehul SHETH
Dr. Mehul SHETH
I saw your note. I think it's more likely different infections, rather than the RSV recurring.
In brief: Baby with a cold
RSV is the dominant cause of the common cold in season.
It can produce bronchitis & wheezing more often in the smallest infants with a chance of recurrent wheezing/cough for months. Once they get bigger than~16lb they tend to have a milder case and older kids/adults get a cold.They all get it.The ones with wheezing often do so with any URI until they get to about 5.

In brief: Baby with a cold
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Probably nothing
If your baby has recovered and his breathing is normal there are not likely to be many residual effects.
Discuss this at some length with your pediatrician, but you may want to examine the level of communication which exists between the two of you and consider seeing another doctor. Forgot?

In brief: Probably nothing
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Cindy Juster