Are there any dangers with scuba diving if you have beta thalassemia minor?

Hematologist helps. A person with thalassemia minor can see a hematologist (blood specialist) doctor to ask about scuba diving. A couple of issues come to mind. One is "how anemic is the patient". If one is anemic, with low hemoglobin (the red stuff in blood), his blood cannot carry as much oxygen compared to normal people. Another is "how strongly is oxygen attached" to the patient's particular type of hemoglobin.
Ascent. Could be problematic as need to check with hematologist about problems with ascent and speed.