I have a mouth sore an it's at the lining of my gums and under my tounge, the gums where my teeth r swollen , and when I put my tounge on it it makes my teeth right above the sore numb what do I do and who do I talk to?

Dr. Stanley Siu
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: How long?
Mouth sores can occur for a variety of reasons.
You may have a gum infection, tooth infection or you may have simply traumatized the tissue. If the sore has been there longer than 2 weeks and is not healing on its own, you should have it looked at by a dentist. The dentist may order an x-ray to help with the diagnosis. Healthy gums are not swollen and do not cause the surrounding teeth to be numb.

In brief: How long?
Dr. Stanley Siu
Dr. Stanley Siu
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry
In brief: Dentist
Go and see a dentist.
A good dentist can help you with this situation.

In brief: Dentist
Go and see a dentist.
Dr. James Wright
Dr. James Wright
Dr. Meng Syn
Dentistry
In brief: Talk to your Dentist
There are many types of ulcers found in the mouth caused by many things from tooth infections to viruses.
Best to have a dentist determine what kind of ulcer or sore it is and weather a biopsy is needed. The nerves in the tissues around a tooth can cause localized toothaches and\or numbness in the entire area even if they are not from an infected tooth.

In brief: Talk to your Dentist
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Kini Tran
Dentistry
In brief: Go see your dentist
Sounds like your gums are swollen, but this could be for several reasons: 1.
Periodontal disease/gingivitis because of lack of flossing, brushing and rinsing and coming in to see a dentist or hygienist to get your checkup and cleaning for areas that you can get to. 2. Tooth abcess or infection - swollen gums best thing to do is to go see a dentist, especially if its been over a year.

In brief: Go see your dentist
Dr. Kini Tran
Dr. Kini Tran
In brief: Talk to a dentist
Should get a dental exam done to see if it is tooth related or not.
It could also be a symptom of systemic disease showing up in the oral cavity, just like you seems to have a toothache when you get a sinus infection. Please seek a dentist.

In brief: Talk to a dentist
Dr. Woojin Woody Kwon
Dr. Woojin Woody Kwon
Dr. Cindy Juster