2 days post-op breast aug- is it ok to have a large bruise above my sternum(deep blue, red slightly raised splotches)? Still in lots of pain. Thanks

Dr. Jason Lichten
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Call your surgeon

While I am happy to participate in health tap and be able to answer general plastic surgery questions, there are often questions here that start "i am so many days post op and .
.." as a surgeon, i would much rather my patients call me with a question they think may be "stupid" and it turn out to be nothing rather than miss a significant complication because they posted it online. Call the doctor.

In brief: Call your surgeon

Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Most likely Yes.

Sounds pretty normal.
Obviously without seeing you it's impossible to know for sure. Call your surgeon if you have any questions.

In brief: Most likely Yes.

Sounds pretty normal.
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Maybe, maybe not...

It is not uncommon to have bruising after a breast augmentation, but a large bruise above the sternum (i am assuming in the midline) would be unusual.
Check with your surgeon.

In brief: Maybe, maybe not...

Check with your surgeon.
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine