My toddler son's fingernails are separating from his fingers on three fingers. He has eczama. What has caused this and how can we treat it/prevent it?

Dr. Guy DaSilva
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Exzema=food allergy
Although it appears as though eczema is a skin condition, a common cause is some type of food allergy.
Common offenders include dairy, gmo soy, wheat/barley/rye (cereals) and gmo corn. Gmo stands for genetically modified organism. I would try to eliminate these foods for 3 weeks and see if you get any positive outcomes. For me gluten is a real problem found in wheat, barley, malt, rye & oats.

In brief: Exzema=food allergy
Dr. Guy DaSilva
Dr. Guy DaSilva
Dr. Shala Fardin
Dermatology
In brief: See a dermatologist
The nail separation can be seen with a variety of issues and may or may not be related to his eczema, although eczema may certainly be a cause.
Please note that you need to see an expert in pediatric atopic dermatitis before trying to treat any.

In brief: See a dermatologist
Dr. Shala Fardin
Dr. Shala Fardin
Dr. Cindy Juster