Should my 7 CM ovarian cyst be removed? I am in a lot of pain, especially when I move(even w/lortab) I get cysts every month, but never this big.

Dr. David Kurss

In brief: Possibly

Ovarian cysts are common and usually resolve without treatment.
Removal may be considered if it persists, enlarges, twists, is painful, has a worrisome appearance, or is very bothersome. Oftentimes the discomfort women feel may not be caused by a cyst so be sure that the cyst is the cause of your pain. Birth control pills can be helpful to prevent future cysts.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. David Kurss
Dr. David Kurss
Dr. Ivonne Reynolds
ADHD & Autism

In brief: Yes.

With a cyst of this size and intractable pain it does warrant further evaluation via surgical intervention.
There is also the possibility of torsion of the ovary which can result in emergency surgery and or the loss of the ovary

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Ivonne Reynolds
Dr. Ivonne Reynolds
Dr. Jane Van Dis