What are the most effective strength training exercises after a deltoid ankle sprain?

Dr. Ankur Dharia
Podiatry
In brief: Balance board!!
After recovery from an ankle sprain, whether deltoid or lateral ligaments, the most effective exercise I have found for my patients is the use of a balance board.
They are cheap and effective in improving strength of the muscles/tendons around the ankle and improving proprioception. Always consult your physical therapist and foot/ankle specialist before new activities/exercises. Good luck!

In brief: Balance board!!
Dr. Ankur Dharia
Dr. Ankur Dharia
In brief: Physical therapy
You should see your primary care doctor and get a referral to a hands on physical therapist.
They can show you great exercises and coach you to make sure that you are doing them properly.

In brief: Physical therapy
Dr. Tharesh Udupa
Dr. Tharesh Udupa
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine