What kind of doctor treats diabetic foot infections and ulcers?

Multiple factors. Wound care requires multi-discipline input for proper infection control and wound healing. There are multiple modalities and multiple strategies to get a wound infection resolved and closed but it takes a knowledgeable well trained specialist to know when to implement the appropriate treatment during the course of wound healing using evidenced based medicine.
A few. I think if you have a diabetic foot infection the best person to take care of that diabetic foot is a podiatrist. (i am biased, as I am a podiatrist.) there is a team approach with an internist, and possibly an infectious disease doctor and vascular surgeon, to help with antibiotic selection and assess vascularstatus/ need for vascular intervention.
Podiatrist. Podiatrists, vascular surgeons, wound clinic doctors.
Podiatrist. A podiatrist is a very important member of your health care team, along with your primary care physician, endocrinologist, etc. We can provide nail care, check ups, wound care, write antibiotic prescriptions if necessary, perform surgery, and get you custom diabetic inserts and shoes to avoid future problems.
Proffesional care. Treating diabetic foot infections is best accomplished with a team approach. Optimal outcomes can be achieved when your primary physician work together with a podiatrist, neurologist, endocrinologist, vascular surgeon, orthopedist, nutritionist, infectious disease specialist, and pedorthist when indicated. Do not attempt to take care of it on your own. Seek professional advice and treatment.
Diabetic foot. You need to seek care from wound center or podiatrist as soon as possible. The evaluation of a diabetic foot ulcer requires a careful history, investigation of your neurological status of your feet, an assessment of the blood flow, and a comprehensive treatment plan that may include debridement, cultures, offloading (which is the most important issue most of the time), and testing. Do not delay!