Should we start stocking up on tamiflu (oseltamivir) in case of a major flu pandemic?

In brief: Interesting question

At one point I bought tamiflu (oseltamivir) for my family.
It cost me quite a few hundred dollars (out of pocket). It sat in my little medical bag until it expired. I wish someone had advised me that it wasn't a good idea. Take care.

In brief: Interesting question

Dr. Asaf Presente
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Not really

Many physicians who have looked at this don't advise massive stockpiling of this anti-viral agent (certainly not at home).
Frequently, strains are resistant (about 10% in the us in 2007-8) and almost 100% resistance of h1n1 in 2008-9. There are other agents to use in combination ie. Relenza (zanamivir) and all should be used at high doses and reserved for those at high risk of death.

In brief: Not really

Dr. Asaf Presente
Dr. Asaf Presente
Dr. Arnon Rubin