My period hurts. I'm not sexually active (still a virgin). Do I need to see a gynecologist?

That can be helpful. NSAID’s, SSRI’s, hormone meds, OTC meds containing diuretics, warm bath, heating pad, exercise & acupuncture are excellent for dysmenorrhea. Avoid caffeine, chocolate, alcohol & salt. Get GYN eval to R/O underlying pathology. Consider omega- 3 fatty acids, magnesium (supplementation or through diet) or Black Cohosh with dr ok. Sipping Chamomile can dissipate pain.
Yes. If you are having pelvic pain, you need help. Sexual activity is not the only cause of serious pelvic problems. If you really are 35 years old, then it is time for you to establish a relationship with a doctor you can trust. That could be your family doc or a gynecologist.

Related Questions

I'm 17 & I've never met with a gynecologist, I'm not sexually active. I'm prone to having UTIs and my period has been acting up could it be a cause?

No. UTIs won't generally cause your periods to act up. In order to suggest things that might cause this we would need to know more about what you mean by acting up. It would be a good idea to start by discussing this with whom ever has been treating the UTIs and they could get a full history and give you a better idea about what might be going on. Hope this helps. Read more...

Late period by 70 days not sexually active, not doing anything different really. Just confused. Should I visit gynecologist? Thanks.

Probably. While marked menstrual irregularities are more common in the teen years, it is still of concern IF your periods were regular before this. I would recommend seeing a doctor if you missed the next one also. Read more...