My doc said that I had gestational diabetes. My daughter is now 7 months old. I still have high blood sugar. What could be the cause?

Dr. Louis Krenn
In brief: May be diabetes
You may actually have type 2 diabetes.
5-10% of women with gestational diabetes may develop diabetes after delivery. Up to 60% may develop diabetes in the next 10-20 years. You should follow-up with your primary doctor and have additional testing done.

In brief: May be diabetes
You may actually have type 2 diabetes.
Dr. Louis Krenn
Dr. Louis Krenn
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: You have diabetes!
Yous are one of the many (50%) women with gestational diabetes mellitus who never recover postpartum and go on to have chronic diabetes mellitus outside of pregnancy.
Lose weight, start exercising and eating more fruits and vegetables and you can reverse this dangerous trend in your health and personal life.

In brief: You have diabetes!
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Adam Smith