I've recently had a lung biopsy and chest tube (icc). Is it safe to fly overseas?

Discussion. In general, many centers advise no flying, high altitude travel, scuba diving, etc... For six weeks after lung biopsy. The risk and/or specific recommendations will greatly depend on what type of lung biopsy was performed. Each patient is an individual. The right answer must come from honest open discussion between you and your thoracic surgeon.
No. If complications of the surgery arise during travel or overseas, not a safe idea.