How well can acupuncture treat autoimmune hemolytic anemia?

Dr. Siranush Cholakian
Holistic Medicine

In brief: May be yes

I strongly believe that acupuncture can influence the course of the disease.
The question is rather to be extra care full not to cause bleeding . In general acupuncture is considered ok to do with bleeding disorders or even use of Coumadin (warfarin) (blood thinner ). Still i would be cautious. I would probably suggest first to try therapeutic touch

In brief: May be yes

Dr. Siranush Cholakian
Dr. Siranush Cholakian
Dr. Scott Diede
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Probably not well...

There are no clinical trials demonstrating that acupuncture can effectively treat autoimmune hemolytic anemia.
That being said, it probably really hasn't been tested in a scientific manner. It would be safe to try acupuncture, but i would use it as a complement to other therapy, not as sole therapy.

In brief: Probably not well...

Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Arnon Rubin