I'm 18yo and I have trouble getting an erection.. What should I do?

Dr. Asaf Presente
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Simple test

The simplest test is to wrap a piece of toilet paper around your penis (snug but not tight) and hold it with a small piece of tape.
If it rips then the you had an erection during the night/am - most med in this age group will - and the issue is psychological. If it doesn't - and repeatedly doesn't - then go see doctor as a wide variety of hormonal and neurological problems can start with this.

In brief: Simple test

Dr. Asaf Presente
Dr. Asaf Presente
Dr. Stephen Southard

In brief: The easiest thing

Is to review this with your doc.
Common things being common for an 18 year old, usually this has some psychologic component. If you are having morning erections without issue, this suggests that there may be more of psychologic issue at hand.

In brief: The easiest thing

Is to review this with your doc.
Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Shontae Buffington