I have protein in my urine and have to see a kidney specialist, but i'm only 25 yrs old?

Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Protein in Urine
Normaly urine does not have any protein most of the time , but upto 150mgm of protein can be excreted by a normal person, that may show as trace of protein in urine test.
It can be 1+or30mgm/dl, 2+or100mgm/dl, 3+or300mgm/dl, or4+or 2000mgm/dl if you have persistent protein in urine more than1+, you should see a specialist.Common causes are dehydration, nephrotic syndrome, stress, nephritis, sarcoidosis, drugs.

In brief: Protein in Urine
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Marsha Davis