Can kleptomania be related to anxiety or panic attack disorders?

Dr. Paul Pancner
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Anxiety related

In my clinical experience, kleptomania seems to be loosely connected with obsessive compulsive disorder in that the individual feels a strong compulsion to acquire something and forcing themselves to not follow thru leads to discomfort and anxiousness.
The ind also struggles with the obsessive thoughts. Ocd is a type of anxiety disorder. Not heard of ppl experimcing panic, but it is certainly poss.

In brief: Anxiety related

Dr. Paul Pancner
Dr. Paul Pancner
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Kleptomania

It is an impulse control disorder, characterized by urge to steal.
It can occur with mood, anxiety, eating disorders, substance abuse & obsessive compulsive do.

In brief: Kleptomania

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali