If you have breast implants are you able to till breast feed your baby?

Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Most.
Most patients who undergo breast augmentation surgery are able to breast-feed.
However, any type of breast surgery is associated with a potential decreased ability to do so; exactly how much this decrease is it is hard to say given that some women are not able to breast-feed, even without having had breast surgery previously.

In brief: Most.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Jason Lichten
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: You can try
Some women with or without breast implants are not able to produce enough milk to exclusively breast feed.
Women with breast implants can try breast feeding; the surgery may or may not change their ability to produce enough milk, so i advise all my patients that they may have to supplement. There is no scientific evidence to my knowledge that women with implants should not breastfeed.

In brief: You can try
Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Jason Lichten
In brief: See below
You should be able to.
The implants are normally placed under your breast tissue.

In brief: See below
You should be able to.
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Usually yes but ?
The ability to nurse depends on whether the ductal system was interrupted or nerve supply to the nipple may have been compromised.
However, that is usually rare, and in most instances, women with a straightforward breast aug particularly if performed through the crease incision, are able to nurse. The next question is: if you can, should you? That is more difficult and there is great controversy.

In brief: Usually yes but ?
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Jane Van Dis