Can amyloidosis interact with certain pain medications?

Dr. Eric Mayer
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Unknown
Amyloid presents as primary and secondary forms.
It has been linked in families and is related to abnormally folded proteins. It stands to reason that drugs, foods, environment that is pro-inflammatory may worsen the disease. As to specific medications, like narcotic analgesics or anti-epileptic drugs used to reduce nerve pain, I am unaware of any evidence of interactions.

In brief: Unknown
Dr. Eric Mayer
Dr. Eric Mayer
Dr. Stratos Christianakis
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Don't think so
I am not familiar with amyloidosis causing interactions with medications, but everyone is unique and side effects from meds are always a concern.
One issue is that if the amyloidosis is affecting the kidneys, then using nsaid's may not be the best pain med due to effects on kidneys.

In brief: Don't think so
Dr. Stratos Christianakis
Dr. Stratos Christianakis