Should I wear my hernia belt while I run?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: If it helps.
A hernia belt may help support an area where a hernia is present, which can minimize the discomfort related to the hernia.
Furthermore, it may reduce the risk of bowel getting stuck in the hernia, although this is unproven. Ultimately, the best thing to do would be to have the hernia surgically repaired--at 32, you are awfully young for wearing a hernia belt. Good luck!

In brief: If it helps.
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. David Earle
Surgery
In brief: For symptom relief
A hernia belt cannot prevent a hernia from getting worse.
It can relieve symptoms in some cases, and may slow progression of enlargement, but don't get fooled in to thinking it will prevent problems.

In brief: For symptom relief
Dr. David Earle
Dr. David Earle