Can UTI cause -ve early hpt (3rd day of missed period) even if you are pregnant?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Highly unlikely
Typically urinary tract infection should not cause false pos or neg hpt.
Since you only missed your period for 2-3 days, it is likely that it is a bit too early for the test to pick-up. I would repeat in 3-4 days. I would consult doc to have your UTI treated. In the meantime, more fluids, and otc uristat (phenazopyridine) may help with burning/urgency etc..Good luck.

In brief: Highly unlikely
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Hector Chapa
In brief: No, UTI not related
A UTI will not affect the sensitivity of a urine pregnancy test.
A urine pregnancy test is looking for the pregnancy hormone hcg. Bacteria in the urine will not affect the test. If you completed the test correctly, a negative test is pretty sensitive unless you check to early in the pregnancy. Most preg tests are positive by the missed period mark, if truely pregnant.

In brief: No, UTI not related
Dr. Hector Chapa
Dr. Hector Chapa
Dr. Steven Seres