I see people popping their necks... I have never popped my neck like them. Is it safe to pop the neck? If so how can I do so safely?

In brief: Probably

It's probably safe, but unnecessary.
Some say it can lead to arthritis. I know of no studies that support this. If you want your neck cracked, go see a competent D.O. (doctor of osteopathy). Check the american academy of osteopathy to find a physician.

In brief: Probably

It's probably safe, but unnecessary.
Dr. Michelle Gordon
Dr. Michelle Gordon
Dr. Mitchell Cohn
Pain Management

In brief: Safe but not good

It's 'safe' to pop your own neck, meaning you won't paralyze yourself, but it's not a great idea.
Chronic cracking can eventually over-stretch ligaments leaving the joints susceptible to future injury or arthritis. The 'need' to pop the neck actually means there is a problem which needs to be fixed. Osteopathic manipulation can find and correct the root problem-which may not even be in the neck.

In brief: Safe but not good

Dr. Mitchell Cohn
Dr. Mitchell Cohn
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine