When should I start feeding my baby solid food?

In brief: 6 months or later

Most babies are ready to eat solids once they are about 6 months of age.
This is the age they reach for things , able to transfer objects from hand to hand and put things in the mouth. They also start teething about this time.Start with rice cereal.

In brief: 6 months or later

Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Dr. Chad Rudnick

In brief: Depends

in a baby who is meeting developmental milestones and has no underlying medical conditions that would prohibit introduction of solid foods, the earliest they should be introduced is between age 4-6 months.
Breastmilk or formula should still be the main source of calories at this age. Make an appointment with your pediatrician to talk about how to introduce solids and to see if your baby is ready.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Chad Rudnick
Dr. Chad Rudnick
Dr. Jane Van Dis