My doc prescribed magnesium oxide 400 mg once per day cuz my mag level was low the pills are very big and difficlut to swallow and I feel like a pill is stuck right in the center of my throat since yesterday and its very uncomfortable. Will the pill even

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Large pills
While it is possible for a pill to get stuck in the throat, it is unlikely to be the case without significant symptoms.
Most commonly the sensation of a "stuck" pill is related to irritation of the throat lining from the pill not going down easily. Swallowing bread can help push a pill down that is further down the swallowing tube. If breathing/speaking/gagging/swallow probs seek help urgently.

In brief: Large pills
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Robert Greer
In brief: I'm worried
Yes, pills can get caught in the esophagus and cause problems.
If the milk and crackers did not work please call your dr. And let them know what's going on.

In brief: I'm worried
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Jane Van Dis