What is a good carb intake to lose weight and keep blood sugar from dropping too low? This happened with a fad diet I tried. I am not a diabetic.

Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY
The more complex carbs are better in this regard.
White flour carbs are very quickly absorbed and can cause a sudden surge in Insulin levels, which will invariably drop you like a bad marriage within a few hours. More complex carbs will get absorbed slower, hence preventing or decreasing Insulin spikes. As a rule of thumb, never eat carbs by themselves, no more than 20-30 grams per meal.

In brief: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Gonzalez-mendoza
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
In brief: Many ways
I usually advise my patients to do a 3 day diary on everything they eat and drink including water. Make an appointment with a dietician bring the diary and make a plan for 1, 200 cal daily on sedentaru days and 1, 500 cal for active days (at least 1 hr of physical activity3-4 days a week).
Total carbohydrates only to be 30% of caloric intake.

In brief: Many ways
Dr. Luis Gonzalez-mendoza
Dr. Luis Gonzalez-mendoza
Dr. Martin Fried
General Practice
In brief: 50-60%
50% to 60% of your calories as carbohydrates.
If you take your carbohydrate as a complex carbohydrate instead of processed grains, and take it with a protein- there is a better chance you will keep your blood sugar elevated. Example- banana and peanut butter- or whole grain high fiber bread ( 2 slices) and cheese.

In brief: 50-60%
Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Steven Seres