My ALT is 76; AST 54. I tested positive for high ANA but neg for hepatitis, mono or epst. Bar virus. Ct scan of abdomen normal. Next steps?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: High ANA titer

Anti nuclear antibodies high titer means you may have an auto immune disease and you need to have further testing to find the cause.
Presence of ANA is indicative of lupus erythematosus present in 80to90% of cases, but it also occurs in other auto immune disaese such as auto immune hepatitis, sjogren syndrome, scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, polymyositis and&dermatomyosits, addison disease and others.

In brief: High ANA titer

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Adam Smith