Very scared I have scleroderma as I have a positive ANA nucleolar but negative subtests 1 1/2 years ago. I don't have any usual symptoms just eye problems like episcleritis once. How long until someone can say its not scletoderma ot am I a sitting duck

Dr. Robert Greer
In brief: RELAX!
All the "auto-immune" diseases present in a spectrum of symptoms.
You are lucky in that you seem to have minimal symptoms.Don't wait for someone to say it is or is not "xyz" disease-live well;know that these conditions have a stress component that you can reduce with exercise, diet, and relaxation efforts.Expect the best but be prepared if worsening occurs.Outcomes will be effected.

In brief: RELAX!
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Christopher Wright
Eye disease is not typically a feature of systemic sclerosis. Also, by definition (except in extremely rare cases) a diagnosis of systemic sclerosis requires Raynaud phenomenon and sclerodactyly (thickening of the skin on the fingers and fingertips). Without these features it is very unlikely to be systemic sclerosis.
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology