How long does it take salmonella to go away? I have a high fever, nausea, vomiting aches all over and I work at an eggplant. Should I go to the er?

Dr. Joel Gallant
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: ER OK
You work at an egglpant or an egg plant? But either way, it sounds like an er visit is a good idea, given your symptoms.

In brief: ER OK
Dr. Joel Gallant
Dr. Joel Gallant
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: Sure its salmonella?
Fever, nausea, and aches can be lots of things.
If you did have positive stool culture, then the fever should take 2-3 days to go away, the diarrhea up to 10. I'd at least go to an urgent care or contact your doc if things are not improving. And if you're handling food, then you definitely need clearance to go back to work. Some states mandate a negative school culture. Please see your doc!

In brief: Sure its salmonella?
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Peter Kurzweil