What might be the best bed for a fms patient?

Dr. Scott Sauer
Pain Management

In brief: That Depends

I am often asked this question from patients with chronic pain of all types.
The truth is there is not one single answer because it is highly dependent on what you find comfortable. Although very expensive, i usually recommend the sleep number bed system. Whith this you can change the firmness as much as you like.

In brief: That Depends

Dr. Scott Sauer
Dr. Scott Sauer
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Fibromyalgia

Have a full workup from your general care practitioner to determine if fibromyalgia is the correct diagnosis.
If so, pain management, preferably with as few pills as possible is of utmost importance. Here is the website of the American Academy of Pain Management: http://www.aapainmanage.org/

In brief: Fibromyalgia

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: Soft mattress

As to the best bed for fibromyalgia, a soft mattress is best such as feather bed.
The body is most comfortable when supported evenly on all parts with concern to take stress off shoulder and pelvic girdles. A bed aboard the space shuttle would be ideal since gravity is the enemy of people with fibromyalgia. Water beds poor and tend to sag. A sensory deprivation chamber would probably be ideal.

In brief: Soft mattress

Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
At Quora.com, under my name, and on my Pain Syndrome board of posts, I offer 100 essays devoted to the cause and treatment of Fibromyalgia.  At Healthtap.com, I have answered dozens of questions about these subjects, and which can probably be accessed. 
Dr. Adam Smith