What is traditional medicine for gout?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Depends

There are different medicines given to prevent gout than there is to treat an acute case or chronic case.
Allopurinol is an example of a preventative or uloric (on tv commericals of late.) Colchicine is given as both a treatment and preventative med depending on the dosage, anti-inflammatories are given as a treatment, if you meant "alternative" then I have heard of cherry extract as a treatment.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Karl Mangold
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Colchicine

Colchicine is a very old medication that has always been the gold standard for treatment of acute gout attacks.
Unfortunately it was recently re-patented and its price is considerably more. The old standard drug for preventing gout is allopurinol, taken when you dont have a gout attack currently in progress.

In brief: Colchicine

Dr. Karl Mangold
Dr. Karl Mangold
Dr. Adam Smith