There are many pills with glucosamine and chondroitin. Are these the best for joints?

Yes. The combination of glucosamine and chondroitin has been shown in studies to (1) provide a degree of pain relief in the short term, and (2) trigger growth of new cartilage when taken for at least two years straight. So it can help you pain and reverse some of the chronic damage. You can find this in the health food store. MSM is not necessary and adds to the cost of the product.
No. No, and they probably don't do anything for them. The american college of rheumatology guidelines on the treatment of osteoarthrosis recommends against their use. A few trials have shown some benefit while many trials have shown no benefit.