Is it normal to have persistent pain after foot surgery?

No. This should be discussed with your surgeon. It also depends how long after surgery you are referring to?
Not normal. With any surgery, post operative pain/discomfort, inflammation, scarring and stiffness are common. These symptoms, most often, resolve over time as the foot heals. Surgery is performed to make problems better, they may not be perfect. Most discomfort resolves over the first 4-5 months, but take a year to completely heal. Discuss next options with your surgeon. Dr l.
MORE INFO. I would need more information from you. When? What kind of surgery? Did you follow your surgeon's post-op advice? Getting better/worse? Sincerely, Dr. Latva.
How long after . Surgery, what kind of surgery was it? It isn't uncommon for the worst of the pain to exist for 48-72 hours, but should taper after that. Regardless, if pain is worsening then it needs attention. To find out what's going on.