Is fibromylgia a real disease?

Dr. Liesa Harte
In brief: Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a real diagnosis, which is made due to meeting certain various criteria.
Just because it is a real diagnosis doesn't mean it has to be a lifelong disease process. I always take on fibromyalgia patients fully expecting to find the root causes of the fibro and work to address the many root causes, and with good results.

In brief: Fibromyalgia
Dr. Liesa Harte
Dr. Liesa Harte
Dr. Vivek Prasad
Fibromyalgia makes you feel tired and causes muscle pain and "tender points.
" tender points are places on the neck, shoulders, back, hips, arms or legs that hurt when touched. People with fibromyalgia may have other symptoms, such as trouble sleeping, morning stiffness, headaches, and problems with thinking and memory, sometimes called "fibro fog." according to icd-9, the who agrees.

Dr. Vivek Prasad
Dr. Vivek Prasad
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice
Person asks if #fibromyalgia is a "real disease".
The disorder is defined by a constellation of symptoms that are distinctive and chronic. My guess is that most, but not all, doctors regard this to be a distinctive disorder. The wide spectrum of symptoms and differing sets of symptom intensities in different patients suggests that the cause of fibomyalgia is multivariant.

Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley