I have rsd and possible bicept detachment. Is surgery an optiom?

Dr. Stephen Rodrigues

In brief: I would NOT.

The long head of the biceps will spontaneously snap off and ball up in the upper arm. No need to repair unless you are a competitive athlete and need the extra power. Steroids into the anterior shoulder will weaken the tendons also.
See my other answers on rsd and get started with wellness and myofascial therapy.

In brief: I would NOT.

Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. David Teicheira
Pain Management

In brief: yes

Studies have shown that pretreatment before surgery can decrease a flareup of rsd from about 70% to 25%.
Unfortunately, these studies have dealt with only a small amount of people. Some experts recommend a nerve block before the surgery, however there is no definitive treatment. If i were having arm surgery, i would request a brachial plexus block.

In brief: yes

Dr. David Teicheira
Dr. David Teicheira
Dr. Vikram Patel